Document Type : Article
- Seyed Hosein Rahimi Moghadam 1
- Ali Akbar Gorji Azandaryani 2
- Morteza Nejabatkhah 3
- Farhang Faghih Larijani 4
1 Ph.D. Student in Public Law, Faculty of Humanitie, Islamic Azad University of Tehran North Branch, Tehran, Iran
2 Associate Prof., Department of Public Law, Faculty of Law, University of Shahid Beheshti, Tehran, Iran
3 Associate Prof, Department of Public Law, Faculty of Law and Political Science, University of Mazandaran,Mazandaran, Iran
4 Assistant Prof, Department of Public Law, Faculty of Law and Political Science, University of Mazandaran, Mazandaran, Iran
The theory of public choice is the study of politics based on economic principles. Today, the application of this theory has expanded into issues such as judicial behavior. Studies have shown that the concept of public choice theory in judging has practically proved a kind of interdependence between the personal interest of the judges and its effects on the outcome of the lawsuit. The nature of the proceedings, the difficulty of agreement between judges, the inequality of judges, the uncertainty in judgments and the influence of more senior judges on the others, are among the disadvantages of multi-judge courts such as the full bench and specialized chambers of the Administrative Justice Court. The purpose of this contribution is to examine the possibility of the existence of personal judicial interests in collective administrative justice. The present study, with a descriptive-analytic approach, explains this relationship and proves that multi-judge panels of the Administrative Justice Court are not exempt from the constant pressures and subornation of interest groups, the emergence of non-judicial ethics and the culture of expediency stemming from the practices of the Administrative Justice Court.
- A) Books
- Aghaee. Toogh, Muslim (2013), Economic Analysis of Law, Tehran: Khorsandi Publications (In Persian).
- Goldoust Joybari, Rajab (2009), Generalities of Criminal Procedure, Tehran: Jangal Publications (In Persian).
- Jensen, Michael and McLean, William (1384), Human Nature, Discussions on the Theory of Public Choice: (Institutional Perspective on Public Policy), Translated and Edited by: Yousef Jamsi, Mohammad Ghasemi, Ali Yousefian, Tehran: Research Center of the Islamic Consultative Assembly (In Persian).
- Mashhadi, Ali (2016), Law on the Organization and Procedure of the Court of Administrative Justice in the Current Legal Order, Tehran: Khorsandi Publications (In Persian).
- Molabigi, Gholamreza (1398), Jurisdiction and procedure of the Court of Administrative Justice, Tehran: Jangal Publications (In Persian).
- Sarzaeem, Ali (2010), Economic Analysis of Politics (Introduction to Public Choice), Tehran: Works of Thought (In Persian).
- B) Articles
- Adibi Mehr, Mohammad; Keshavarzi Valdani, Morteza and Aghaei Dinani, Rashideh (2012), "Jurisprudential study of the legitimacy of multiple judges", Journal of Criminal Law, third year, first issue (In Persian).
- Aghaee. Toogh, Muslim (2017), "A Comparative View of the Jurisdiction of the Court of Administrative Justice regarding the annulment of regulations", Quarterly Journal of Judicial Law Perspectives, No. 79 -80 (In Persian).
- Alizadeh, Farzad (2011), "Multiple judges in the realization of criminal justice", thesis for a master's degree, Islamic Azad University, Central Tehran Branch. (In Persian).
- Bashiri, Neda (2010), "James McGill Buchanan, winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics in 1986", Stock Exchange Magazine, No. 90 (In Persian).
- Cheshmi, Seyed Hossein (1390), "Limits of the Sovereignty of Unanimous Procedures of the Supreme Court in Civil Matters", Islamic Azad University, Central Tehran Branch, Faculty of Law (In Persian).
- Deleon. Max.H,(2012),”Public Choice Throry, Interest Groups, and Tort Reform”, U. lll. L.Rev. 1787. P.1792
- Erfan, Mohammad (2007), "General Board in the new law of the Court of Administrative Justice", Journal of Legal and Jurisprudential Studies of the Center for Strategic Research, No. 1 (In Persian).
- Erfan, Mohammad (2014), "Study of the structure and function of the specialized committees of the Administrative Justice Court", two quarterly journals of the Judicial Procedure of the branches of the Administrative Justice Court, Deputy of Education, Research and Prevention, No. 1 (In Persian).
- Joanna Shepherd (2011),” Measuring Maximizing Judges: Empirical Legal Studies, Public Choice Theory, and Judicial Behavior”, U. lll. L. Rev. 1753
- Lawrence E. Blume and David Easley (2008),“rationality The New PalgraveDictionary of Economics”, 2nd Edition
- Lisani, Mohsen; Heidari, Mohammad Ali and Tavakoli, Ahmad Reza (2016). "The position and necessity of council judgment in the realization of judicial justice", Journal of Islamic Jurisprudence and Law, Vol. 8, No. 15 (In Persian).
- Malek Mohammadi, Hamid Reza (2006), Conceptual rethinking of general choice theory ", Quarterly Journal of Politics, Journal of the Faculty of Law and Political Science, Vol.37, No. 1 (In Persian).
- McNutt,Patrick A.(2002), The Economics of Public Choice, Edward Elgar.
- Mueller,Dennis C.(2003), Public Choice III,Cambridge University Press.
- Najabatkhah, Morteza (1394), "Legal system governing the review of the decisions of the General Assembly of the Court of Administrative Justice (review of Articles 91 and 94 of the Law on the Organization and Procedure of the Court of Administrative Justice)", Quarterly Journal of Public Law Knowledge, Fourth Year, No. 12 (In Persian).
- Religious, Faez and Saei, Ali (2012), "Methodological Reconstruction of General Choice Theory", Quarterly Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies in Humanities, Vol. 4, No. 2 (In Persian).
- Richard A. Pasner,(1993),”What Do Judges Maximize? (The same Thing Everybody Else Does)”, Sup. CT. Econ. Rev.1
- Special, Mohammad Reza (2012), "Judicial Supervision of the Court of Administrative Justice on Executive Regulations", Law Research Quarterly (Research Week 90 Special Issue), Fourteenth Year, No. 37 (In Persian).
- Susannah, Camic Tahk (2015). Public Choice Theory and Earmarked Taxes, 68 tax L. Rev. 755.
- Vijeh, Mohammad Reza and Agah, Vahid (2012), “Critical Exploration in the Organization and Rules of Procedure of the Administrative Justice Court’, Publice Law Research Quarterly, No. 38 (In Persian).