Document Type : Article
Assistant Professor, Departmentof Law, Faculty of Law, University of Tabriz, Tabriz, Iran
Under Article 83 of the Iranian Constitution, the transfer of governmental buildings and properties is subject to special conditions and regulations such as: the principle of non-transferability of government buildings and properties including national treasures as well as the absolute non-transferability of “unique national treasures”. It can be argued that the idea underpinning the said principles is linked to the cultural, economic, and moral values of Iran. As such, the rather stringent approach of the constitutional legislator in Article 83 seems reasonable. Nonetheless, lack of a clear definition of governmental buildings and structures, specially the so-called “unique national treasures”, puts the issue of transferring such buildings and structures in a vague frame and makes it quite challenging. The present study, by focusing on Article 83 of the Iranian Constitution, intends to explain the rules on transfer of government buildings and properties in the Iranian legal system.
- A) Books
- Adl, Mostafa (2006), Civil Law, Second Edition, Qazvin: Taha Publications (In Persian).
- Alison Clarke & Paul Kohler (2005), Property Law Commentary and Materials, Cambridge University Press. Cambridge, MA 02138 http://papers.ssrn.com (In Persian).
- Gaus, Gerald (2012), Property and Ownership, Philosophy, University of Arizona (In Persian).
- Hashemi, Ahmad Ali & Taghizadeh, Ebrahim (2015), Property Law, Tehran: Majd Publications (In Persian).
- Hashemi, Seyed Mohammad (2007), Constitutional Rights of the Islamic Republic of Iran (Sovereignty and Political Institutions), Vol. 2, Fourteenth Edition, Mizan Publishing (In Persian).
- Jafari Langroudi, Mohammad Jafar (2001), Property Law, Tehran: Ganj-e-Danesh Publications (In Persian).
- ……………………………………., (2008), Legal Terminology, Tehran: Ganj-e-Danesh Publications (In Persian).
- ……………………………………., (2011), Medium in Legal Terminology, Tehran: Ganj-e-Danesh Publications (In Persian).
- Karimi, Abbas (2002), Property and Property Textbook, Faculty of Law and Political Science, University of Tehran, Tehran (In Persian).
- Katozian, Nasser (2010), Property, Tehran: Mizan Publications (In Persian).
- Khosravi, Hassan (2012), Taghi, Constitutional Law 2, sixth edition, Tehran, Payame Noor Publications (In Persian).
- Mehrpour, Hossein (2008), Interpretive Theories of the Guardian Council, First Edition, Tehran: Guardian Council Strategic Center Publications (In Persian).
- Shabani, Ghasem (2013), Constitutional Rights and the Structure of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Forty-Ninth Edition, Tehran: Etelaat Publications (In Persian).
- Shahidi, Mehdi (1998), Formation of Contracts and Obligations, First Edition, Tehran: Hoghough Dan Publications (In Persian).
- Shavell, Steven (2002), Economic analyses of property law,
Harvard Law School (In Persian).
- Tabatabai Motameni, Manouchehr (2007), Administrative Law, 13th edition, Tehran: Samt Publications (In Persian).
- Walt, Steven (2006), eliminating corrective justice, Walt book. (in Persian)
Available at: ssrn.com. March 2010 (In Persian).
- B) Article
- Abbasi, Bijan, (1398), “The position of government property in the Iranian legal system”, Quarterly Journal of Administrative Law, Year 6, No. 18 (In Persian).
- Francioni, Francesco (2009), “Beyond the Law of Treaties: The Emergence of New Customary Laws in Protection of Cultural Heritage”, translated by Alireza Ebrahim Gol and Farzaneh Aghashahi, International Law Journal, Vol. 48, Spring and Summer (In Persian).
- Hans-Hermann, Hoppe, (2011), “Of PrivateE, Common, And Public Property And The Rationale For Total Privatization”, LIBERTARIAN PAPERS, Vol. 3, Art. N˚. 1 (In Persian).
- Jalali, Mohammad (2014), “Distinction between public property in French law”, Journal of Comparative Law, No. 2 (In Persian).
- Solhchi, Mohammad Ali & Dargahi, Ramin (2003), “A Study of the Nature of Solidarity Law: Collective or Popular Law”, Public Law Research Quarterly, Vol. 38 (In Persian).
- Taghizadeh, Ahmad (1397), “a series of detailed re-reading sessions of the final parliamentary review of the 1979 constitution”, Guardian Council Research Institute (In Persian).
- C) Documents
- Detailed minutes of the parliamentary deliberations on the final review of the constitution, (1985), Vol. 3, First Edition, General Department of Cultural Affairs and Public Relations of the Islamic Consultative Assembly.
- Zehi, Naghi; Mohammadi, Torab & Rezazadeh, Hassan, (2012), Collection of rules and regulations of cultural heritage, handicrafts and tourism, Tabriz, Parla (In Persian).
- A) Books
- Binczak, P. (2010), Droit administrative des bien, Paris, Gaullino.
- Code Civil Francais, (2009), troisieme édition,Paris, Dalloz.
- Gaudemet, Y. (2014), Traite de droit administrative, Paris, LG.D.J.