Document Type : Article
Ph.D. student in Private Law, University of Isfahan, Isfahan, Iran
Associate Professor, Law Department, University of Isfahan, Isfahan, Iran
The "negation of domination” rule is one of the principles that has had great impact on decisions and policies in Islamic society. The negation-of-domination rule significantly influences relations between the government of an Islamic state and foreign states as it effevtively bans any relationship that leads to foreign dominance over Muslims. Nonetheless, this rule has exceptions that allow a Muslim state to have relations with the international community. The Iranian legislature, for its part, has used the negation-of-domination rule to prevent foreign dominance. As for the compatibility of this rule with international standards such as the principles of non-intervention or sovereign equality, it should be noted that there are sometimes apparent contradictions between this rule and the said standards. In such cases the non-dominance of foreigners over Muslims prevails.
- A) Books
- Pilgrim, lisa (2011), International law and European university laws, European university institute, felorence Robert schumain centre for advanced studies eudo citizenship observatory.
- Scott, A. W,(1978), private International Law ( Coflict of Laws), Great Britain, Macdonalt & Evans Ltd.
- Wolff, M, (1950), Private International Law, United Nations publications.
- B) Articles
- Arinson, Nancy D (1993), "International Law and Non-Intervention: When do Humanitarian Concerns Supersede Sovereignty?" The Fletcher Forum, Sais Review, A Journal of International Affairs, Vol.13, No.1, pp.199-212.
- Heidari khorasani, Mohammad Javad and Delfani, Ali, (2015), "Investigation of principles of International Affairs of the Islamic Government from the perspective of Jurisprudence of Shi’ite and sunni sources”, Buletin Teknologi Tanaman, Vol.12, pp. 181-211.
- Navai lavasani, Akram & Mosavi Bojnordi, seyed Mohammad (2017), "Jurisprudential investigation of the negation of domination rule in international relation", Revista QUID, special Issue, Vol.43. pp 2687-2697.
- Sajad, Shilan & Mollodziva, Mohsen (2018), "The study of the rule of sabil denial and the status of Muslims in non-Islamic countries", International Academic Institute for science and Technology, Vol.5, No.2, pp 62-70.