Document Type : Article
1 Ph.D. in Public Law, Department of Public Law, Faculty of Law and Political Science, Islamic Azad University, South Tehran Branch, Tehran, Iran
2 Prof., Department of Public Law, Faculty of Law and Political Science, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
3 Associate Prof., Department of Public Law, Faculty of Law and Political Science, Islamic Azad University, South Tehran Branch , Tehran, Iran
4 Assistant Prof., Department of Public Law, Faculty of Law and Political Science, Islamic Azad University , South Tehran Branch, Tehran, Iran
From the perspective of the [Iranian] Constitution, social justice cannot be achieved through near reliance on pension funds, since such funds are based on principles of profitability, stability, and providing services to the insured. This is so while the purpose of the constitutional legislator in paragraph 12 of Article 3 of the Constitution is to promote welfare and fight poverty in order to achieve social justice for everyone. Therefore, the subject of this paper is about the extent of government intervention in pension funds in order to achieve social justice. The present study aims to examine the principles governing a successful social security plan along with government intervention in pension funds. In this regard, the [Iranian] Social Security Pension Fund has a special place on which the study is focused using documentary-library data with emphasis on the content analysis of the [Iranian] Constitution. The hypothesis of the research is that exercising executive-branch authority in order to implement paragraph 12 of Article 3 and Article 29 of the Constitution should be regarded as undue interference in the way pension funds, and in particular the [Iranian] Social Security Fund invest their capital.
- A) Articles
- Davis, E Philip (2002), “PENSION FUND MANAGEMENT AND INTERNATIONAL INVESTMENT – A GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE”, Brunel University West London. Paper to be presented at the Senior Level Policy Seminar, Caribbean Centre for Monetary Studies, Trinidad, 3 May 2002.
- B) Documents
- Declaration of Philadelphia (1944), Declaration concerning the Aims and Purposes of the International Labor Organization, adopted at the 26th session of the ILO, Philadelphia.
- ISSA (2013), ISSA good governance guidelines for social security institutions
- ILO (1989), Report of Committee of Experts on the Application of Conventions and Recommendations.
- ISSA (2013), Dynamic Social Security: A global commitment to excellence, Geneva, International Social Security.
- OECD (2006), GUIDELINES ON PENSION FUND ASSET MANAGEMENT, Recommendation of the Council, Insurance and Private Pensions Committee and Working Party on Private Pensions.
- OECD(2016), Annual survey of large pension funds and public pension reserve funds; report on pension funds long-term investments 2015. Ed. by: Joel Paula & Others, published by Secretary-General of the OECD.
- Gertler, M. (1999, June). Government debt and social security in a life-cycle economy. In Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy (Vol. 50, pp. 61-110). North-Holland.
- Holzmann, Robert(1999), A WORLD BANK PERSPECTIVE ON PENSION REFORM , World Bank.
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights (1948), adopted by the United Nations General Assembly.
- World Bank Group (2000), Portfolio limits: Pension investment restrictions compromise fund performance, World Bank Pension Reform Primer.
- World Bank (2003), Islamic republic of Iran the pension system in Iran: challenges and opportunities (Report No. 25174-IR).
References in Persian
- A) Books
- Behbahani Akhawan, Ali & Masoudi Asl, Yerevan (2007), Principles and Foundations of Social Insurance, Tehran: Higher Research Institute of the Social Security Organization )In Persian).
- Slater, Dan & Tonkis, Fern (2007), Market Society: Market and Modern Social Theory, translated by Hossein Ghazian, Tehran: Ney Publishing )In Persian).
- Boeinberg, Lance; Van Eugijkvad, Casper & Hawth, Wester (2017), The Future of Multi-Layer Retirement Plans, translated by Reza Ghazal, Tehran: Higher Institute for Social Security Research )In Persian).
- Jalili, Tayebeh (2009), Pension Fund Investment, Requirements and Experiences, Tehran: Insurance Research and Studies Unit, National Pension Fund Auditing Institute )In Persian).
- Shokri, Ali (1994), Economic Evaluation of Pension Funds in Iran, Tehran: Higher Institute of Social Security Research )In Persian).
- Shams, Erfan (2015), Self-Regulation (Principles and Models), Tehran: Khorsandi Publications )In Persian).
- Talib, Mehdi (1989), Social Security, Mashhad, Astan Quds Razavi. )in Persian)
- Mojtaba Naini, Seyed Mehdi (1993), Dictionary of Labor and Social Security Terms, Tehran: Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs )In Persian).
- National Pension Fund Policy Research Institute (2016), Economic Management of Pension Funds (Approaches to World Trade), Tehran, Ahang Atieh )In Persian).
- Mosallem, Albert To R & Palacius, Robert J. (2016), Management of Pension Funds, Governance, Accountability and Investment Policies World Bank Proceedings, Translated by: Mohammad Reza Farhadipour, Tehran: Publications of the Higher Institute for Social Security Research )In Persian).
- Niroumand, Mohammad Reza (2007), Introduction of Retirement Plans Employer-Supporter Plans, Tehran: Insurance Research and Studies Unit of the Audit Institute of the National Pension Fund )In Persian).
- Nowruz Taleghani, Abolghasem (2006), Investment Guidelines for Social Security Retirement Funds - ISSA 2004, Tehran: National Pension Fund Auditing Institute )In Persian).
- B) Articles
- Fallah Ziarani, Ali (2004), "Tools and Limitations of Pension Fund Investments - A Comparative Comparison with the Social Security Organization of Iran", Social Security Quarterly, No. 17 )In Persian).
- Izadbakhsh, Hamidreza; Soleimanzadeh, Ahmad. Davari Ardakani, Hamed. Zarrinball, Marzieh (2017). "Asset and Debt Management in Pension Funds with a Systemic Approach in the Fuzzy Environment", Quarterly Journal of Economic Modeling Research, No. 29, pp.201-239 )In Persian).
- Karimi, Mozafar, (2007), "The position of social insurance in the law of the comprehensive system of welfare and social security", Social Security Quarterly, No. 30 )In Persian).
- Mohammad Javad Javid, Abbas Ashrafi (2015), “Positive discrimination of women and their citizenship rights”,Vol. 17, 66 (winter 2015), January 2015, pp. 157-193 )In Persian).
- Nasiri, Morteza (2001), "Principles and Legal Developments of the Social Security Institution", Social Security Quarterly, No. 9 )In Persian).
- Raheleh sadat Hosseiney; Mohammad Javad Javid (2021), “Women's claims in Right to Social Security Women's claims and Right to Social Security with emphasis on the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Iran”, Vol. 23, 91(spring 2021), June 2021, pp. 49-70 )In Persian).
- Rahmani, Ali & Hashemi, Seyed Mohammad (1397), "Social support in decent work (with emphasis on social insurance support and the challenges it faces in the Iranian social security system", Social Welfare, Vol. 18, No. 69 )In Persian).
- Ranjbaran, Amir Hossein & Farahmand Saber, Bahram (2012), "The Impact of Globalization on Labor Relations and Social Security", Legal Studies, No. 1 )In Persian).
- Rostami, Morteza & Habibnejad, Seyed Ahmad (2017), "Study of investment of Iranian pension funds in the light of investment principles", Private Law, Vol.14, No. 1 )In Persian).
- Shah Sharghi, Mohsen (2016), "Bankruptcy of pension funds; Fire Under the Ashes of the Economy ", Government and Nation Weekly, No. 10 )In Persian).