Document Type : Article
1 Department of Public Law, Faculty of Law and Political Science, university of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
2 Prof , Department of Public and International Law, Faculty of Law and Political Science, university of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
3 MA. in Public Law, Department of Public and International Law, Faculty of Law and Political Science, University of Allame, Tehran, Iran
The Government has been natural and necessary in natural rights advocate” s idea, following this grand approach, it is essential to the restriction of the sovereignty and power of this government. In public law studies, authority differs from crude or pure power, and the institution of authority is fundamentally linked to Legitimacy .The basis of such legitimacy is the early guidance of natural Rights that transforms pure force into authority under conditions of legitimacy. Authority has a nature of power that is attached to legitimacy and is called legitimate power. A great example of this authority within the realm of state is sovereignty, which is a tool in the hands of the government. A sovereignty that is bound, not as an absolute entity, but as a relative entity, despite its inherent and permanent characteristics, by natural rules as an absolute entity. The output of this article confirms the relativism of sovereignty and absoluteness to natural rules, thereby limiting sovereignty to absolute natural laws.
- A) Books
- Bentham, Jermy (1983), Anarchical Fallacies, in Collected Works of Jermey Benthan, 2, Oxford: Oxford University Press. Vol.
- Bodin, J., & Franklin, J. H. (1992), On sovereignty: Four chapters from the Six Books of the Commonwealth. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Collin, P. H. (2004), Dictionary of politics and government. London: Bloomsbury.
- Garner, B. A. (2009), Blacks Law Dictionary, 9th. St. Paul, MN: West Pub.
- Gilson, E., Maurer, A. A., & Shook, L. K. (2002), Thomism the philosophy of Thomas Aquinas. Toronto: Pontifical Institute of Mediaeval Studies.
- Gordon, S. (2002), Controlling the state: Constitutionalism from ancient Athens to today. Cambridge, Mass: Harvard University Press.
- Grimm, D., & Cooper, B. (2015), Sovereignty: The origin and future of a political and legal concept. New York: Columbia University Press.
- Kalmo, H., & Skinner, Q. (2011), Sovereignty in fragments the past, present and future of a contested concept. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Lewis, B. (2003), The political language of Islam. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- Martin, E. A. (2003), A dictionary of law (Fifth Ed.). Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Morgenthau, H. J. (1948), Politics among nations: The struggle for power and peace. New York: A.A. Knopf.
- Pusterla, E. R. (2015)و The Credibility of Sovereignty - The Political Fiction of a Concept. Cham: Springer International Publishing.
- Robertson, D. P. (2002), Dictionary of Modern Politics. London: Taylor and Francis.
- Rye, D. (2014), Political parties and the concept of power: A theoretical framework. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Scruton, R. (1982), A dictionary of political thought. London: MACMILLAN PRESS Reference Books.
- Wild, S.E.(2006), Webster’s new world law dictionary. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
- Kreeft, P. (2009), The philosophy of Thomas Aquinas. Prince Frederick, MD: Recorded Books.
- B) Article
- Bartelson, J. (2006), “The Concept of Sovereignty Revisited”. European Journal of International Law, Vol.17, No.2, pp. 463-474.
Refrences In Persian:
- A) Books
- Ajorlu, Esmail & taheri, Danyal (2017), Ashenai ba mafahime hughughe omumi؛ in persian), Tehran Markaz Tahghighat SHoraye Negahban (In Persian).
- Alem, Abdolrahman (2012), Politicology An Introduction to the Science of Politics,Tehran, Publisher Ney (In Persian).
- Duverger, Maurice (1979), Precis Sociologie Politiqe, Translate by Abolfazl Ghazi, Javidan (In Persian).
- Fattahi Zarghandi, Ali (2013), Ashenai ba mafahime hughughe omumi؛Barrasi Mafhume hakemiyat , Tehran: Markaz tahghighat SHoraye Negahban (In Persian).
- Freund, Julien (2004), Sociologie de Max Weber, Translate by Abdolhoseyn Nik Gohar, Tehran, Publisher Totiya (In Persian).
- Ghavam ,Seyyed abdol-ali (2011), Politicology; An Introduction, To the Sclence of Politics, Tehran, , Publisher Samt (In Persian).
- Javid, Mohamadjavad (1388), The Theory of Relativity in the law of Citizenship An Analysis Based on Strictness in Natural Law, Gerayesh (In Persian).
- Liedman, Sven –Eric (2000). Fran Platon till kommunismens fall : de politiska ideernas historia, Translate by Saeed, Moghadam, Tehran: Publisher Nashr Danesh Iran (In Persian).
- Movahed, Mohammadali (2002) , Dar-Havaye-Hagh-Va-Edalat؛ az Hughughe Tabie ta Hughughughe Bashar, Tehran: Publisher Karname (In Persian).
- Rash, Michael (2008), Politics and Society, Translate by Manoucher Sabouri, Tehran, Samt (In Persian).
- SHojai zand, Alireza (1997), Mashruiyat Dini Dolat va Eghtedar Siasi Din Barresi Jamea SHenasi Monasebate Din va Dolat dar Irane Eslami (in persian), Tehran, Tebyan (In Persian).
- Strauss, Leo (1996), Natural Right and History,Translat by: Bagher Parham, Tehran: naghshe jahan (In Persian).
- B) Articles
- Javid, Mohammad-Javad (2011), "NATURAL JUSTICE AS THE BASIS FOR NATURAL PEACE", Private Law Studies, No.4, pp. 61-81 (In Persian).
- ---------------------------------- (2014), "Re-reading the Philosophical Foundations of the Theory of Relativity in Citizenship Rights ", islamic law, No.42, pp.65-95 (In Persian).
- ----------------------------------- (2014), "An Introduction to the philosophy of the Nature Rights Man in Islam", islamic law Research , No.25, pp.7-32 (In Persian).
- ---------------------------- (2013), "Theory of Relativity in Civil Rights and Natural Rights of Man", The Journal of Human Rights, No.1, pp.59-84 (In Persian).
- Mokarrami ghartavol, yaser & javid, mohammad-javad (2016), Public law’s considerations in the school of thomism with an emphasis on the rule of law in religious states, Public Law Studies, No.3, pp.649-678 (In Persian).
- Mortazavi, seyed-khodayar (2002), The Political Philosophy of Thomas Aquinas and the Possibility of a "Theory of Limitation of Power" , Letter of Philosophy, No.12, pp.63-98 (In Persian).
- Tlaebi mohammad-hossein (2011), "A Critique of the Doctrine of Natural Law from the Beginning of Christianity to the End of the Middle Ages", Islamic government, No.1, pp.62-88 (In Persian).