Document Type : Article
Ph.D Student, Department of Public Law, faculty of Humanities, Bandar Abbas Branch, Islamic Azad University, Bandar Abbas, Iran
Assistant Prof., Department of Public Law, Faculty of Humanities, Bandar Abbas Abbas Branch, Islamic Azad University, Bandar Abbas, Iran
Assistant Prof., Hormoz Research Institute, University of Hormozgan, Bandar Abbas, Iran
There are two general approach toward the constitutionalization and jusiciability of economic, social and cultural rights. According to the socialist approach economic, social and cultural rights should be constitutionaized and are justiciable. Constitutionalization of economic, social and cultural rights in one hand saves these rights of temporary political orientation and on the other hand makes justiciability of these rights easier. While in liberal approach civil and political rights are constitutionalized and judicially protected, economic, social and cultural rights are perceived non-justiciable, although constitutional judge can through the welfare interpretation of civil and political rights such as: the right to life, the right to fair trail and non-discrimination, make economic, social and cultural rights justiciable. Social movements also can make alive and enforce constitutional rights. This analytical-descriptive article through the public law point of view, tries to investigate the most important influential factors which makes economic, social and cultural rights as the second generation of human rights as justiciable.
- A) Articles
- Birchfield, L & Corsi, J., (2010), "Between Starvation and Globalization: ealizing the Right to Food In India", Michigan Journal of International of Law, Vol. 31, Issue 4, PP. 691-764.
- Cornelius F. & Murphy, Jr (1981), "Objections to western conceptions of human rights" , Hofstra law Review , Vol.9, Issue 2, pp. 433 – 447.
- Coglians, Cary (2001), "Social Movements, Law and Society :The Institutionalization of The Environmental Movements", University of Pennsylvania Law Review, Vol.15, pp. 85 – 118.
- Fabre, Cecile (1998), "Constitutionalising Social Rights" The Journal of Political Philosophy, Vol.6, No 3, pp. 263 – 284.
- Ginsburg, T., Dateless, "Comparative Constitutional Review", Avaiable At: www. Usip.org >Sites > default > files > Rd .TG.
- McDermott, M J ( 2012), "Constitutionalizing an Enforceable Right to Food : A Tool For Combating Hunger" , Boston College International and Comparative Law Review , Vol. 35, Issue 2, pp. 543 – 574.
- Nolan, A., Porter, B. & Langford , M ( 2009), "The Justiceability of Social and Economic Rights", An Updated Appraisal ,CHRGJ Working paper, no.15. avaiable at https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1434944 .
8.Stark, Barbara (1992), "Economic Rights in The United States and international Human Rights Law: Toward an Entirely New Strategy" , Hasting Law Journal , Vol. 44, PP. 79 – 130.
- Sunstein, C.R (2003), "Why Does The American Constitution Lacks Social and Economic Guarantees ?" University of Chicago Law School’s Working papers, available at: http //chicagounbound.edu/public_law_and_legal_theory.
- Yusuf , S (2012), "The Rise of Judicially Enforced Economic , Social and Cultural Rights – Refocusing Perspectives", Seattle Journal for Social justice, Vol. .10 , Issue 2, pp. 753 – 791.
- B) Cases
- BGE 138 II 229 (Case of Hardship Residence Permit), 22 June 2012.
- C) Constitutions
- Constitution of Ireland
- Constitution of Federative Republic of Brazil
- Constitution of Romania
- Constitution of India
- D) Documents
- 16. Office of The United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights , Fact Sheet ,(2008) , No 33.
- ICJ, ( 2008), Courts and the Legal enforcement of Economic , Social and Cultural Rights, ICJ.
- F) Thesis
- Aldrich, Kathrine Virginia (2010), Constitutionalizing Economic, Social and Cultural Rights in the New Mellinium. M.A Thesis University of Montana.
- Gebeye, B ( 2016), The Potential of Directive Principles of State Policy for the Judicial Enforcement of Socioeconomic rights. M.A Thesis Central European University (CEU) - Department of Legal Studies.
- Weibel,F (2016), The Justiciability of Economic, Social and Cultural Rights In Switzerland. M.A. Thesis, University of basel.
- G) Websites
- Rossi, Julita (2020). "Strategies For Enforcing Econmoci,Social and cultural rights Through Domestic Systems" , available at : http// hliberary.umn.edu/ edumat/ IHRip / Circle / modules / modul 22 .htm.
References in Persian
- A) Books
- Asbjorn, Eide; Krause, Catarina; Rosas, Allan (2010), Economic,Social and Cultural Rights,trans. Amirarjomand and et al,Tehran: Majd press (In Persian).
- Gordgi Azandaryani, Ali-Akbar (2016), In pursuit of Fundamental Rights, Tehran:Jungle Press (In Persian).
- -------------------------------------- (2016), Constitutional Courts; Non-European Model of Constitutional Judgements, Tehran: Jungle Press (In Persian).
- Hashemi, S.Mohammad (2005), Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms, Tehran:Mizan Press (In Persian).
- Katouzian, Naser (2016), Philosophy of Law, First volume, Teharn:Heydari Press (In Persian).
- Louglin, Martin (2013), Foundations of Public Law, trans. Mohammad Rasekh, Tehran: Ney Press (In Persian).
- MirAbbasi,S.Baqer & Esfandiary,Changeez (2005), Food Security and the Right to Access to Food in the United Nation Legal Discourse, Tehran: Khorsandi Press (In Persian).
- Nejandi Manesh, Heybatollah (2015), An Introduction to International Human Rights, Tehran:Khorsandi Press (In Persian).
- Qari Sayyed Fatemi,S.M. (2009), Human Rights in the Contemporary World, Vol.2, Tehran:Share Danesh Institute of Legal Studies and Research (In Persian).
- Qazi,S.Abolfazl (2004), Fundamental Rights and Political Institutions ,Tehran: Mizan Press (In Persian).
- Vaezi,S.Mojtaba (2011), Constitutional Justice; A Comparative Study of the French and American Legal System With a Look to IRI. Law, Tehran: Jungle Press (In Persian).
- B) Articles
- Badini, Hassan (2003), "Philosophical Foundations of Economic Attitude Toward Law", University of Tehran Journal of the Faculty of Law and Political Sciences, Vol.62, pp.91-132 (In Persian).
- Belami Richard (2005), "The Political Form of Constitution: Separation of Powers, Individual Rights and Representative Democracy", trans.Mohsen Hasnvand, Constitutional Rights Quarterly, No.4, pp.88-116 (In Persian).
- Troper, Michel (2004), "The Logic Behind Justification of the Protection of the Constitution", trans.Abbas Kadkhodaie and M.Vijehe , University of Tehran Journal of the Faculty of Law and Political Sciences, No.66, pp.261-290 (In Persian).
- J.L Cascajo Castro (2005), "Protectable Rights by Constitutional Appeal Procedure", trans.Javad Kargozari,Constitutional Rights Quarterly, No.4, pp.143-158 (In Persian).
- Torpin, Dominic (2003), "Judiciary or Judicial authority", trans.Asadollah Yavari, Constitutional Rights Quarterly, No.1, pp.234-285 (In Persian).
- Habibzadeh, S.Ahmad, Saied ,S.Zahra (2017), "The Need to Move from Obligation by Means to Obligation to Result in the Interpretation of State Obligations in the third Principle of the Constitution of the IRI", Islamic Law Journal, No.53, PP.59-84 (In Persian).
- Soltani,S.Naser (2010), "A Historical Inroduction to the Enforcement of the Constitution in Iran", Constitutional Rights Quarterly, No.13, pp. 35-56 (In Persian).
- Chokr, Zouhier (2008), "Constitutional Courts and Public Rights and Freedoms",trans.khierollah Parvin, Constitutional Rights Quarterly, No.9, PP. 97-111 (In Persian).
- Abbasi,B., Sohrablo,A., Shahsavari, E. (2018), "Judicial precedent in Contemporary Public Law",University of Tehran Public Law Studies Quartely,Vol. 48, Issue 3, pp. 639-659 (In Persian).
- Arab Ahmadi,F., Khazaie, A. (2018), "Social Movements and its Impact on the Formation of Citizenship Rights", Bioethics Journal, Special Issue, pp.7-16 (In Persian).
- Favoreu, Louis (2006), "Constitutionalization of Frech Law", trans.Javad Taqizadeh, Constitutional Rights Quarterly, No.6-7, pp.267-287 (In Persian).
- Hamonet, Francis & Céline Wiener (2003), "Constitutional justice, general presentation, France and United States", Constitutional Rights Quarterly, No.1, pp.79-128 (In Persian).
- katouzian, Naser (2004), "Logical Principles' Governing the Interpretation of the Constitution", IRI's Bar Association Law Magazine, No.186-178, pp.65-77 (In Persian).
- Kazemi Zamharir, Mehdi (2014), "Political Sociology of Human Rights", Human Rights Journal, No.1-2, pp.115-130 (In Persian).
- Kotran,Y., Omar Sharif,A., (2007), "performance of the Supreme court of Egypt", trans.Javad Mhmoody, Constitutional Rights Quarterly, No.8, pp.394-402 (In Persian).
- Kokabi Saqi, Fatemeh (2016), "Justiciability of the Right to Health in International Legal System", Medical Law Journal, No.37, PP.8-33 (In Persian).
- Gordgi Azandaryani, Ali-Akbar, (2018) " The Guardian Council: the switchman or guardianship of the constitution ", Shahid Beheshti University faculty of Law Legal Research Quarterly, No.82, pp.153-180 (In Persian).
- Gordgi Azandaryani, A.,Moradi, N. (2010), "The Principle of Equality in the Use of Public Services: Study of Iran Law with a view to the Rulings of the European Court of Human Right", Shahid Beheshti University faculty of Law Legal Research Quarterly,Online Issue (In Persian).
- Gordgi Azandaryani, A. & Yazdanpanah Ardakani,P. (2010), "The Role of the Constitutional Rights the Formation of Democracy", Constitutional Rights Quarterly, No.14, pp.157-198 (In Persian).
- Niavarani,S. & Izadi,A. (2018), "The Right to Minimum Social welfare Right in Internation Human Right System", International Law Review, No.59, pp.171-204 (In Persian).
- C) Documents
- 32. Universal Declaration of Human Rights (In Persian).
- Internation Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (In Persian).
- International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (In Persian).