Document Type : Article
1 Associate Professor of Public Law Department, University of Qom, Qom, Iran
2 Phd Student of Public law, Islamic Azad University, Qom Branch, Qom, Iran
In this paper, the ideas of Heidegger and their impact on the philosophy of public law has been analyzed. The common point between Heidegger's thoughts and the philosophy of public law is their view of human beings, which is based on the existential dignity and human nature of law. In fact, if we are to consider the influence of Heidegger on public law, we must go back to issues related to the inherent dignity of human beings. From Heidegger’s point of view, the roots of the current human crisis lie in the ignorance of human essence. Moreover, the effect of Heidegger's special type of anthropology on the formation of man and his place in society and the legal system should be discussed. This paper attempts to analyze some aspects of this approach on the basic teachings of the philosophy of law. Therefore, we will first discuss the place of man in Heidegger's thoughts and then examine the effect of Heidegger's views on human rights in the philosophy of public law within the framework of concepts such as humanism, human rights, sovereignty in the modern era, freedom, democracy and technology.
- A) Books
- Ben-Dor, O. (2007), Thinking about law: In silence with Heidegger. Bloomsbury Publishing.
- Cooley, C. H. (1992), Human nature and the social order, Transaction Publishers.
- Day, R. E. (2010), Martin Heidegger’s Critique o f Informational Modernity, Critical Theory For Library And Information Science.
- Ganty, E. (1997), Penser la modernité: essai sur Heidegger, Habermas et Eric Weil (Vol. 8). Presses universitaires de Namur.
- Heidegger, M., Tietjen, H., & Martineau, E. (1987). De l'essence de la liberté humaine: introduction à la philosophie, Gallimard.
- Heidegger, M. (1962), Being and Time, Translated by John Macquarrie and Edward Robinson, New York, USA, Harper and Row.
- Rouland, N. (1991), Aux confins du droit: anthropologie juridique de la modernité, odile Jacob.
- Starr, J., & Collier, J. F. (1989), History and power in the study of law: New directions in legal anthropology, Cornell University Press.
- Wolin, R., (2016), The politics of being: the political thought of Martin Heidegger, Columbia University Press.
- B) Articles
- Assier-Andrieu, Louis (1989), "L'anthropologie et la modernité du droit", Anthropologie et sociétés13.1 , pp. 21-33.
- Carino, J. V. (2009), "Heidegger and the Danger of Modern Technology", Philippiniana sacra, Vol.44, No.132, pp.491-504.
- De Ville, J. (2009), "Rethinking the notion of a ‘Higher Law’: Heidegger and Derrida on the Anaximander fragment", Law and Critique, Vol.20, No.1, pp.59-78.
- De Waelhens, A. (2008), " La philosophie de Heidegger et le nazisme", Les temps modernes, Vol.4, pp.26-36.
- Haucke, K. (1998), " Anthropologie bei Heidegger. Über das Verhältnis seines Denkens zur philosophischen Tradition". Philosophisches Jahrbuch, Vol.105, No.2, pp.321-345.
- Heidegger, M. (1977), "Letter on Humanism", in Basic writings, ed. by D.F. Krell, New York, London, Harper and Row press.
- Lee, J. (2015), "L'ego et le Dasein: une confrontation entre Descartes et Heidegger" (Doctoral dissertation, Paris 10).
- Lindberg, Susanna (2014), "Penser avec Hegel. Le cas du cours de Heidegger sur la Philosophie du droit de Hegel en 1934/1935." Qu’appelle-t-on la pensée?, pp.78-111.
- Penser avec Hegel. " Le cas du cours de Heidegger sur la Philosophie du droit de Hegel en 1934/1935". Qu’appelle-t-on la pensée?, 78-111.
- Löwith, K., & Rovan, J. (2008), " Les implications politiques de la philosophie de l'existence chez Heidegger", Les temps modernes, Vol.4, pp.10-25.
- Moore, S. F. (1969),"Law and anthropology".Biennial Review of Anthropology, Vol.6, pp.252-300.
- Romanillos, J. L. (2015). " Nihilism and modernity: Louis‐Ferdinand Céline's Journey to the end of the night". Transactions of the Institute of British Geographers, Vol.40, Nol.1, pp.128-139.
- Muldoon, Ryan et al. (2014), "Disagreement behind the veil of ignorance", Philosophical Studies, 170.3, pp.377-394.
- Schlegel, F. (1997), " Subiectität bei Heidegger: Zu einem Schlüsselbegriff des seinsgeschichtlichen Denkens". Archiv für Begriffsgeschichte, Vol.40, pp.160-175.
- Schlosser, E. (1994), M. Heidegger et la philosophie du droit (Doctoral dissertation).
- Vermeule, Adrian (2001), "Veil of ignorance rules in constitutional law", Yale LJ111.
Refrences in Persian
- A) Books
- Ahmadi, Babak (2000), Heidegger and the history of existence, Tehran: Nahr-e-Karzan (In Persian).
- Barrett, William (1984), What is existentialism?, Translated by M. Mishkinposh, Tehran: Aghaz (In Persian).
- Bistagi, Miguel (2009), Heidegger and the Political Matter, Gognous Publications, Second edition, Tehran (In Persian).
- Brown, Colin (1996), Philosophy and Christian Faith, Translated by Taos Mikailian, Tehran: Scientific and Cultural Publications, first edition (In Persian).
- Eshtredi, Peyman, (2006), Necessity of teaching minimal reason and human rights, master's thesis in human rights, Faculty of Law, Shahid Beheshti University (In Persian).
- Ghazi, Abolfazl (2003), Essentials of Constitutional Rights, 17th edition, Tehran: Mizan (In Persian).
- Haywood, Andrew (2007), Keywords in politics and public law, Translated by Ardeshir Amirarjamand and Seyed Bassem Movalizadeh, Amirkabir Publishing, First edition, Tehran (In Persian).
- Kane, Sam (2002), Gabriel Marcel, Translated by Mostafa Malekian, Tehran: Negah Masares Publishing House (In Persian).
- Kuroz, Morris (1998), Heidegger's philosophy, Translated by Mahmoud Navali, Tehran: Hikmat (In Persian).
- Layon, David (2007), Postmodernity, Translated by Mohsen Hakimi, Ashian Publications, Third edition (In Persian).
- Mashhadi, Ali (2012), Right to a healthy environment, Mizan Publications, First edition (In Persian).
- Mosleh, Ali Asghar (2005), Philosophies of Existence, Tehran: Research Institute of Islamic Culture and Thought (In Persian).
- Poulanzas, R. (2007), The Nature of Objects and Laws, Research on Dialectic and Reality of Value, Translated by Dr. Nejad Ali Almasi, Dadgstar, First edition (In Persian).
- Saadipour, Mohammad Javad (2016), "Investigation of the concepts of freedom and human rights in the philosophical anthropology of Seyed Ahmed Fardid and Seyed Hossein Nasr compared to the anthropology of modernity", Second International Conference on Social Cultural Studies and Religious Research, Rasht, 11 July 2016 (In Persian).
- Shaghaghi, Hossein (2007), "A comparison between postmodern ideas and traditionalism", Monthly information of wisdom and knowledge, third year, issue 2 (14 consecutive) (In Persian).
- Sharifi Tarzkohi, Hossein (1999), Human Rights,; Theories and procedures, plan to strengthen human rights education and research capacities, Faculty of Law and Political Sciences, University of Tehran in cooperation with the United Nations Development Program, University of Tehran Publications, First edition (In Persian).
- Zamani, Mehdi (2005), History of Western Philosophy, Payam Noor University Publications, Vol.2, First edition (In Persian).
- B) Articles
- Ahmadizadeh, Hossein (2011), "Man, the basis of identification of existence", Zamane magazine, No. 102 and 103, Mardad and Shahrivar (In Persian).
- Alipour, Ebrahim (2005), "Modern Era Developments and Basic Needs of Contemporary Man from Martin Heidegger's Point of View", Naqd Va Nazar, No. 43 and 44, Autumn and Winter (In Persian).
- Amiri, Abbas Ali (2015), "Passing Metaphysics", Philosophical Knowledge, Vol. 2, Winter (In Persian).
- Davari Ardakani, Reza (2010), "Heidegger and the Opening of the Way of Future Thinking", in the Collection of Western Philosophy and Crisis, Hermes Publications (In Persian).
- Fathi, Ali (2017), "Existentialism and the originality of existence with an emphasis on Sadr al-Mutalahin and Heidegger", Research Journal of Islamic Wisdom and Philosophy, No. 36, Summer (In Persian).
- Glenn, Gary (2018), "Human Being in Heidegger's Thought", Khordnameh magazine, Translated by Mehdi Ghanbari, third year, No. 7 (In Persian).
- Khazaei, Zahra (2001), "Sater's Humanism in Heidegger's View", Philosophical-Theological Researches, No. 9 and 10, Autumn and Winter (In Persian).
- Manochehri, Abbas (2016), "Red Reason and Green Right, Enlightenment Anthropology and Human Rights", Theoretical Policy Research, No. 3, Autumn and Winter (In Persian).
- Mashhadi, Ali (2015), " From privatization of public law to publicization of private law: legitimacy and intervantion of Liberal Capitalist State in the thought of Habermas", Public Law Studies Quarterly, No. 2, Summer (In Persian).
- ------------------ (2021), " Reflection on ethical Challenges of Modernity and its Relation to Environmental Law ", Journal of Bioethics, No. 36 (In Persian).
- Sohrabifar, Mohammad Taqi (2016), "Heidegger and the essence of man", Qobsat magazine, Vol. 2, summer (In Persian).
- C) Thesis
- Eshtredi, Peyman, (1385). The necessity of teaching minimal reason and human rights, master's thesis on human rights, Faculty of Law, Shahid Beheshti University
- Pesh Dasti Boroujerdi, Ali Akbar (2016), Philosophical Foundations of Human Rights in Martin Heidegger's Thought, Master's Thesis of Human Rights, Faculty of Law and Political Science, University of Tehran (In Persian).