Document Type : Article
1 Ph.D. Student in International Law, Law Department, Razavi University, Mashhad, Iran
2 Prof. Faculty of Law and Political Science, Allameh Tabatabaei University, Tehran, Iran
3 Ph.D. in Private Law, Razavi University, Mashhad, Iran
Recognition of the Zionist regime's sovereignty over the Golan Heights by the President of the United States, in addition to violating customary international law by failing to recognize the situations arising from the use of force and the rules of international law, contradicts the resolutions of the General Assembly and the UN Security Council, especially Resolutions 242 of 1967 and 497 of 1981, and violates Syrian national sovereignty and territorial integrity. it has generated widespread global backlash and has been condemned by many governments. International institutions such as the UN Security Council, Europe Union, the Arab League and the World Inter-parliamentary Union, have strongly condemned this recognition and insisted Such unilateral decisions, without regard to Security Council resolutions, are null and invalid. According to international law, this recognition may not justify Golan's separation from Syria, but will fulfill the international responsibility of the US government.
- A) Books
- Bedjaoui, Mohammad (1994), The New Word Order and the Security Council, Testing the Legality of this Acts, MNP.
- Milano, Enrico (2006), Unlawful Territorial Situations in International Law, martinus nijhoff publishers, Boston.
- Lassa, Francis, Lawrence (1963), Intermational law, London, 8ed.
- Ryan, Frank Wesley (1950), The Stimson Doctrine in International Law, Department of International Relations, Stanford University.
- B) Articles
- Grant, CF, Thomas D (March 2000), “East Timor, UN System and Enforcing Non-Recognition in International Law”, Vanderbitt Journal of Transnational Law, Vol.33, No.2.
- Iwanenburg, Martin (Dec. 2004), “Existetialism in Iraq: Security Council resolution 1483 and the Law of o ccupation”, Internatial Review of Red cross, Vol.86.
- Kirgis, Fredric (July 2001), “Security Council Covernance of Ppst – conflict societies: Aplea for good Faith and in formed decision – making” , American Journal of International Law, Vol. 95, No.3.
- Lieber, Francis (1863), “Instructions the Government of Armies of the United stastes in the FiEID” , availe at: www.icrc.org/ihl)
- Sassòli, marco (2005), “Legislation and Maintenance of Public Order and Civil Life by Occupying Powers”, The European Journal of International Law, Vol. 16, No.4
- C) Judgements and Awards
- ICJ Rep 6, 2006, Armed Activities on the Territory of the comgo (Democratic Republic of Congo v Uganda)
- ICJ Rep, 1986, In the case concerning military Activities in and against Nicaragua (Nicaragua v. United States)
- ICJ. Rep, 2004, (Legal consequences of the construction o f a wall in the Occupied Pulestinian Territory)
- ICJ. Rep, 1993, (Application of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (Bosnia and Herzegovina v. Serbia and Montenegro)
Refrences In Persian and Arabic:
- A) Books
- Abazah, Essam & Shishakli, Hisham (1977), Al-Jolan, the ambitions of the enemy, historically and humanly, geographically and economically, Damascus: Bina, Bicha (In Arabic).
- Abd Marouf (1995), The State of Palestine and Jewish Settlements, translated by Farzad Mamdohi, Tehran: Information Newspaper Publications, first edition (In Persian).
- Aghaei, Seyyed Dawood (2004), The role and place of the Security Council in the New World Order, Tehran: Nesl Nikan Publishing House, Tehran, first edition (In Persian).
- Al-Arze Foundation (1964), The Strategy of Zionism in the Arab Region, Tehran: International Publications of Islam, first edition (In Persian).
- Casse, Antonio (1993), International Law in a United World, translated by Morteza Kalantarian, Tehran, International Legal Services Office of the Islamic Republic of Iran, first edition (In Persian).
- Casse, Antonio (2006), International Law, translated by Hossein Sharifi Tarz Kohi, Tehran, Mizan Publishing House, first edition (In Persian).
- Ebrahim Gol, Alireza (2009), International Responsibility of the Government, Tehran: Shahr Danesh Library, first edition (In Persian).
- Elhawi Nazari, Hamid (2012), General International Law, Tehran: Dadgstar Publications, first edition (In Persian).
- Hasan, Omar Kamel (2008), The Middle Eastern System and its Influence on Al-Amman al-Arabi, Dar Raslan, Damascus, first edition (In Arabic).
- Hattab, Mahmoud Shit (1970), Israel's development goals in the Arab world, Cairo, Dar al-Etsam, first edition (In Arabic).
- Helmi, Nusratullah (2008), international government responsibility and political support, Tehran: Mizan publications, first edition (In Persian).
- Kaliyar, Claude Albar (1989), Institutions of International Relations, translated by Hedayat A. Philosophical, Tehran: Nouf Publishing House, first edition (In Persian).
- Kolb, Robert; Hyde, Richard (2014), an introduction to the law of armed conflict, translated by Seyyed Hossamuddin Lasani, Tehran: Majd Publications, first edition (In Persian).
- Madani, Seyyed Jalaluddin (2008), General International Law and Principles of State Relations, Vol. 3, Tehran, Allameh Tabatabai Publications, second edition (In Persian).
- Maslami, Mahmoud; Arfai, Alia (1992), War and peace from the perspective of law and international relations, Tehran: Ministry of Foreign Affairs Printing and Publishing Institute, first edition (In Persian).
- Modares Sabzevari, Sasan (2013), War of aggression and the humanization of international law, Tehran: Mizan publishing house, first edition (In Persian).
- Moqtader, Hoshang (1993), Public International Law, Tehran: Bureau of Political and International Studies, first edition (In Persian).
- P. and Rogers, Anthony & Malerb, Paul (2012), Applied Rules of the Law of Armed Conflicts, translated by the National Humanitarian Rights Committee, Tehran: Amirkabir Publications, first edition (In Persian).
- Ritchie On, Dale (1977), The Origins of the Arab-Israeli Wars, translated by Aristotle Azari, Tehran: Amir Kabir Publications, first edition (In Persian).
- Rousseau, Charles (1990), Laws of Armed Conflicts, translated by Seyed Ali Hanjani, Tehran: International Legal Services Office, first edition (In Persian).
- Sadat Maidani, Seyyed Hossein (2004), Security Council Legislative Jurisdiction, Tehran: Ministry of Foreign Affairs Printing and Publishing Center, first edition (In Persian).
- Sharif, Mohammad (1994), examining the doctrine of the unlimited jurisdiction of the Security Council, Tehran: Information Publications, first edition (In Persian).
- Tashimiri, Bahram & Tarem Seri, Massoud (1998), the international responsibility of the government regarding Iraq's aggression against Iran, under the supervision of Dr. Jamshid Mumtaz, Tehran, Faculty of Law and Political Science Publications (In Persian).
- Thaghafi Ameri, Nasser (1997), United Nations Responsibility for Maintaining International Peace and Security, Tehran: Printing and Publishing Institute of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, first edition (In Persian).
- United Nations Information Office (1984), United Nations Guide, translated by Mansour Farsion, Tehran: Ministry of Science and Higher Education Publications, first edition (In Persian).
- Wadieh, Sameh Khalil (2009), International Responsibility for Israeli War Crimes, Beirut: Al-Zaytouniyah Center, first edition (In Arabic).
- Ziyai Begdali, Mohammad Reza (2010), Laws of War, "International Laws of Armed Conflicts", Tehran:Allameh Tabatabai University Publications, second edition (In Persian).
- B) Articles
- Alikhani, Ali-Akbar (1990), "Syria - Israel; Conflict over Peace", Journal of Regional Studies, No. 3, pp. 1-28 (In Persian).
- Baqerzadeh, Mohammad Reza (2008), "Reasons for refusing to recognize Israel from the point of view of international law", Marafet Quarterly, No. 40, pp. 113-116 (In Persian).
- Fadaeli, Mustafa (2015), "Military intervention in Yemen from the perspective of international law", Tehran University Public Law Studies Quarterly, Vol. 41, Issue 1, pp. 41-70 (In Persian).
- Francion, Jacques (1986), "War Crimes and Crimes against Humanity", translated by Mohammad Ali Ardabili, Legal Journal of International Legal Services Office, Vol. 6, No. 7, pp. 211-263 (In Persian).
- Haq Sarasht, Maitham, Arashpour, Alireza (2018), "Palestine, UNESCO and the protection of cultural heritage against destruction from the perspective of international law", Tehran University Public Law Studies Quarterly, Vol. 49, No. 3. pp. 919-940 (In Persian).
- Haq Sarasht, Meisham, Arashpour, Alireza (2017), "Cultural destruction from the perspective of international law with an emphasis on Israel's actions in the occupied territories", Tehran University Public Law Studies Quarterly, Vol. 48, No. 2, pp. 443-462 (In Persian).
- Maggi, Amir and others (2017), "Moving the American Embassy to the Occupied Palestinian Territories from the Perspective of International Law", Legal Studies Quarterly, Vol. 10, Vol. 3, pp. 225-195 (In Persian).
- Mumtaz, Jamshid and others (2017), "Obligation not to assist in maintaining a situation that has been created as a result of violating a rule of international law", Journal of Comparative Law Research, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 135-154 (In Persian).
- Saed, Nader (1990), "Prohibiting the expulsion of civilians from the occupied territories of Palestine from the point of view of international humanitarian law", Palestinian Studies Quarterly, No. 6, pp. 132-89 (In Persian).
- Seyed Fatemi, Seyed Mohammad Qari and others (2018), "Discovering the legal rule through analogy by the International Court of Justice", Tehran University Public Law Studies Quarterly, Vol. 49, No. 4, pp. 1149-1170 (In Persian).