Ph.D. in International Law, Faculty of Law and Political Science, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
The exceptional characteristics of Iran's nuclear case, because of implementation of the provisions of Comprehensive Safeguard Agreement and enforcement of relevant IAEA's competencies, UNSC engagement with the case and the eventual agreement called JCPOA, continues to be the focus of articles and reviews. Moreover, the continuation of the case and the current challenges for JCPOA further mark the importance of proper analysis and assessment of each phase, for planning the future steps. Focusing on the period from beginning of the case up to reporting it to UNSC, this article tends to review the basis of IAEA reporting to UNSC with reliance on the documents.
- Den Dekker, Guido (2001), The Law of Arms Control: International Supervision and Enforcement, The Hague, Martinus Nijhoff Publishers.
- Findlay, Trevor (2015), Proliferation Alert: The IAEA and Non-Compliance Reporting, Cambridge, Harvard Kennedy School.
- Joyner, Daniel H. (2016) Iran's Nuclear Program and International Law: From Confrontation to Accord, New York, Oxford University Press.
- Ulfstein, Geir, Ed. (2007), Making Treaties Work: Human Rights, Environment and Arms Control, Cambridge, Cambridge University Press.
- B) Articles
- Rauf, Tariq, (2016), "The General Framework of IAEA Safeguards", Nuclear Non-Proliferation in International Law - Volume II, Asser Press.
References in Persian:
- A) Articles
- Kashani, Seyed Mahmoud (2006), "Legal Review of IAEA Board of Governors' Resolution of February 4, 2006 and UNSC Statement on Nuclear Case", Legal Research Quarterly, Shahid Beheshti University, 9(43), 95-132 (In Persian).
- Kusha Soheila, Eskandari Mohammad Ali, (2012), "Legal Challenges of Referring Iran's Nuclear Case to UNSC and Sanction Resolutions", Foreign Policy Quarterly, IPIS-MFA, 26(2), pp. 379-398 (In Persian).
- Sadat Maydani, Seyed Hossein (2006), "UNSC and Iran's Nuclear Case: Conflict between the Rule of International Law and International Peace", Foreign Policy Quarterly, IPIS-MFA, 20(1), pp. 1-31 (In Persian).
- Sadat Maydani, Seyed Hossein (2016), "The IAEA Disputes over Iran's Nuclear Program in Light of International Law", International Law Review, 33(54), pp. 219-256 (In Persian).
- Saed, Nader (2006), "The Pros and Cons on Iran's Nuclear Rights: From IAEA Board of Governors to UN Security Council", Journal of Legal Research, 5(9), pp. 11-41 (In Persian).
- Zamani, Seyed Ghasem, Sadat Maydani, Seyed Hossein (2006), "UN Security Council Practice in Iran's Nuclear Case: From Report to Sanction", Journal of Legal Research, 5(10), pp. 91-105 (In Persian).